Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Gnatcatchers :: Tropical Gnatcatcher
Tropical Gnatcatcher Polioptila plumbea
Described by: Gmelin, J. F. (1788)
Alternate common name(s): White-browed Gnatcatcher, Mountain Gnatcatcher, Maranon Gnatcatcher
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeS. Mexico to c. South America;
(1) Se. Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula, Campeche, Quintana Roo), Belize, Honduras, and Nicaragua.
(2) Se. Mexico (Oaxaca) to Costa Rica and Panama including Pearl Is.
(3) Coiba Is. off Panama.
(4) Colombia, w. Ecuador and w. Peru s. to Lima.
(5) N. Colombia and n. Venezuela including Margarita Is. Santa Marta Mountains.
(8) E. Colombia, s. Venezuela and n. Brazil.
(9) Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and ne. Brazil.
(10) N. Peru (upper Maranon Valley from Piura and Cajamarca s. to Lima).
(11) E. Ecuador and e. Peru.
(12) Ne. Brazil (Bahia (Chapada Diamantina)).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.