Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Old World Flycatchers :: Mangrove Blue-Flycatcher
Mangrove Blue-Flycatcher Cyornis rufigastra
Described by: Raffles (1822)
Alternate common name(s): Mangrove Blue-flycatcher, Mangrove Niltava
Old scientific name(s): Niltava rufigastra, Cyornis rufigaster
No photographs are available for this species
RangeCoastal Malay Peninsula, Sumatra, w. Java, Borneo, and Philippines;
Fragemented island distribution;
(1) Coastal lowlands of Malaysia, Sumatra including Bangka Is., Riau Archipelago, Lingga Archipelago, and Borneo.
(2)(4) Karimata Is. off sw. Borneo.
(3) Sebesi Is. off ex. s. Sumatra, Bangka, Belitung, and w. Java (Karimon).
(4) Karimunjawa Is. n. of c. Java.
(5) N. Philippines (Luzon, Polillo, Fortune, Catanduanes).
(6) Nc. Philippines (Mindoro).
(7) Nc. Philippines (Marinduque).
(8) C., w., and s. Philippines including Palawan and Sulu Archipelago.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.