Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Old World Flycatchers :: Bocage's Akalat
Bocage's Akalat Sheppardia bocagei
Described by: Finsch; Hartlaub (1870)
Alternate common name(s): Bocage's Akelat, Bocage's Robin, Bocage's Ground-robin, Rufous-cheeked Akalat, Rufous-cheeked Akelat, Rufous-cheeked Robin-chat, Alexander's Akalat, Alexander's Akelat, Fernando Po Akalat, Fernando Po Akelat, Short-tailed Akalat, Short-tailed Akelat
Old scientific name(s): Cossypha bocagei, Cossypha polioptera, Dryocichloides bocagei, Cossypha poensis
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeCw., sw., and c. Africa;
Three widely separated populations;
(1) Mountains of se. Nigeria and sw. Cameroon (Mt. Kupe).
(2) Fernando Po (Bioko) in the Gulf of Guinea.
(3) E. Zaire (Mt. Kabobo, Kivu area).
(4) E. Zaire in the mountains w. of Lake Edward to Kivu.
(5) Highlands of w. Angola and sw. Zaire.
(6) W. Tanzania (Kungwe-Mahari Mountains).
(7) W. Tanzania e. to Mt. Kungwe.
(8) Se. Zaire and nc. Zambia.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.