Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Fantails :: Arafura Fantail
Arafura Fantail Rhipidura dryas
Described by: Gould (1843)
Alternate common name(s): Wood Fantail
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeLesser Sundas, Moluccas, and n. Australia;
Fragmented island distribution;
(1) Bonerate Is. (Tanahjampea Is. and Kalao Is.) in the Flores Sea.
(2) Kalaotoa Is. in the Flores Sea.
(3) S. Lesser Sundas (Sumba).
(4) Lesser Sundas (Flores, Alor, Wetar, Sawu, Roti, and Timor).
(5) E. Lesser Sundas (Romang, Leti, Moa, and Damar).
(6) Ex. e. Lesser Sundas (Babar Is.).
(7) Tanimbar Archipelago.
(8) W. Papuan Is. (Waigeo, Salawati, Shildpad, Misool).
(9) S. Moluccas (Banda, Seram, Seram Laut, Watubela, Manggur group, Kur, Taam), Tayandu Is. and Kai Is. (Kai Kecil) in the Banda Sea, and Aru Is. (Babi).
(10) W. New Guinea (Mimika River area).
(11) Ne. Western Australia w. to Broome, and Collier Bay, and n. Northern Territory (Kimberley), Melville Is., Truant Is., and Groote Eylandt to nw. Queensland (w. Cape York Peninsula).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.