Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Monarch Flycatchers :: Black-naped Monarch
Black-naped Monarch Hypothymis azurea
Described by: Boddaert (1783)
Alternate common name(s): Black-naped Blue-monarch, Moluccan Monarch
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeIndia to se. Asia, Greater Sundas, Lesser Sundas, Philippines, and Sulawesi;
(1) India to foothills of Himayalas in Arunachal Pradesh, Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan to se. China and Vietnam.
(3) Sri Lanka.
(4) Andaman Is. and Cocos Is.
(5) Car Nicobar Is.
(6) S. Nicobar Is.
(7) N. and c. Thailand.
(8) Sw. and se. Thailand.
(9) Mergui Archipelago off w. Burma.
(10) S. Thailand, Malay Peninsula, Sumatra and Borneo.
(11) Simeulue Is.
(12) Reusam Is., Babi Is., and Masia Is.
(13) Siberut Is.
(14) Enggano Is.
(15) Anambas Is.
(16) Natuna Is. (Bunguran).
(17) Karimata Is.
(18) Java and Bali.
(19) W. Lesser Sundas (Penida Is.)
(20) W. and c. Lesser Sundas (Alor).
(22) S. Philippines (Camiguin Sur).
(23) Maratua Is. off e. Borneo.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.