Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Monarch Flycatchers :: Island Monarch
Island Monarch Monarcha cinerascens
Described by: Temminck (1827)
Alternate common name(s): Islet Monarch, Gray-headed Monarch, Grey-headed Monarch, Island Gray-headed Monarch, Island Grey-headed Monarch, Island Gray-headed Monarch-flycatcher, Island Grey-headed Monarch-flycatcher
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeLesser Sundas, Sulawesi, Moluccas, islands off n. New Guinea, Bismarck Archipelago, and Solomon Is.;
(1) Sangihe, Siau, Mayu, and Tifore.
(2) Lesser Sundas (Sumbawa, and Timor e. to Damar and the Tanimbar Is.), Sulawesi (Talaud Is., Banggai Is., Sula Is., and Tukangbesi) and the Moluccas from Ternate and Halmahera s. to Buru, Ambon, Seram, Seram Laut, and Watubela Is., Banda Is., and Kai Is.
(3) Bismarck Archipelago (St. Matthias, Emirau Is. and New Hanover).
(4) W. Papuan Is. (Waigeo, Salawati, Misool), nw. New Guinea along the n. coast e. from Sorong, and the Aru Is.
(5) Numfor Is.
(6) Islands in Geelvink Bay (Yapen Is. and Biak Is.).
(7) N. New Guinea.
(8) Ne. New Guinea (Huon Peninsula), Manam Is. and Karkar Is.
(9) Rossel Is., D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago and the Louisiade Archipelago.
(10) Solomon Is. Including Ontong Java.
(11) Ninigo Is., Admiralty Is.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.