Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Monarch Flycatchers :: Spectacled Monarch
Spectacled Monarch Monarcha trivirgatus
Described by: Temminck (1826)
Alternate common name(s): Spectacled Flycatcher, Spectacled Monarch-flycatcher, White-bellied Flycatcher, Black-fronted Flycatcher, Moluccan Monarch
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeLesser Sundas, Moluccas, s. and se. New Guinea, ne. to ce. Australia;
(1) Lesser Sundas (Flores, Sumba, Lomblen, Alor, Timor, Wetar, Kisar, Romang, and Damar Is.).
(2) Sulawesi, w. Papuan Is. (Salawati), and nw. New Guinea.
(3) Louisiade Archipelago.
(4) Moluccas (Obi Is.).
(5) Moluccas (Halmahara, Bacan, Morotai).
(6) Moluccas (Buru, Seram, Seram Laut, Ambon, and Watubela Is.).
N. and e. Australia:
(7) Islands in the Torres Strait, and n. Queensland (ne. Cape York Peninsula at Iron Range National Park, Atherton Tablelands and Cairns s. to McIlwraith Range and Stewart River).
(8) Ne. Australia (ne. Queensland (Annan River s. to Seaview Range).
(9) Coastal ec. and se. Queensland (Lamington National Park along Duck Creek Road and Mount Glorious near Brisbane) and New South Wales from Shoalwater Bay s. to the Port Stephens and Sidney areas.
Non-breeding birds occur on the Cape York Peninsula and s. New Guinea (Transfly region).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.