Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Monarch Flycatchers :: Golden Monarch
Golden Monarch Monarcha chrysomela
Described by: Garnot (1827)
Alternate common name(s): Black-and-yellow Monarch, Black-and-gold Monarch, Black-and-yellow Monarch-flycatcher
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeNew Guinea and n. Bismarck Archipelago;
(1) Bismarck Archipelago (New Hanover and New Ireland).
(2) Biak Is. and Misool Is.
(3) W. Papuan Is. (Waigeo, Salawati, Batanta, and Misool), New Guinea including Biak Is. in Geelvink Bay.
(4) Ne. New Guinea.
(5) E. and s. New Guinea and D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago (Fergusson Is., Goodenough Is., and Normanby Is.).
(6) S. New Guinea and Aru Is.
(7) Bismarck Archipelago (Djaul Is.).
(8) Bismarck Archipelago (Lihir Is.).
(9) E. Bismarck Archipelago (Tabar Is.).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.