Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Australasian Robins :: Scarlet Robin
Scarlet Robin Petroica multicolor
Described by: Gmelin, J. F. (1789)
Alternate common name(s): Pacific Robin
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 2 more images.
Range(1) Fiji Is. (Viti Levu)
(2) Samoa Is. (Savaii and Upolu)
(3) Vanuatu (Efate Is. and Mai Is.).
(4) Vanuatu (Tanna Is.).
(5) Fiji Is. (Vanua Leva).
(6) Fiji Is. (Taveuni).
(7) Vanuatu and Banks Is.
(8) Vanuatu (Erromango).
(9) Fiji Is. (Kandavu).
(10) Solomon Is. (San Cristobal Is.).
(11) Solomon Is. (Bougainville Is.).
(12) Solomon Is. (Kulambangra Is.).
(13) Sw. Western Australia n. to Jurien Bay and e. to Experance.
(14) E. Australia from se. South Australia from the Eyre Peninsula and Kangaroo Is., Victoria, is. of the Bass Strait (Flinders Is.), Tasmania, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory (Campbell Park and Tidbinbilla) and ex. se. Queensland.
(15) E. Tasmania (Flinders Is.).
(16) Norfolk Is.
(17) Solomon Is. (Guadalcanal Is.).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.