Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Whistlers and Allies :: Gray Whistler
Gray Whistler Pachycephala simplex
Described by: Gould (1843)
Alternate common name(s): Grey Whistler, Grey-headed Whistler, Gray-headed Whistler, Brown Whistler
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
Range(1) Kai Is.
(2) Gag Is.
(3) Waigeo Is. W. Papuan Is. (Gebe, Batanta, Salawati and Misool).
(4) Aru Is. and ne. New Guinea.
(5) Neos Num Is.
(6) Yapen Is. and n. New Guinea.
(7) S. New Guinea.
(8) Ne. Australia (ne. Queensland from Cape York Peninsula to Atherton Tablelands and Rockingham Bay and Hinchinbrook Is.).
(9) Se. New Guinea and the D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago.
(10) Tagula Is. and the Louisiade Archipelago.
(11) N. Australia in n. Northern Territory (Middle Arm, Buffalo Creek, Fogg Dam and Howard Springs near Darwin) from Port Keats e. to Mellville Is., Groote Eylandt and ne. Queensland on the n. and e. Cape York Peninsula (Iron Range National Park, Yule Point near Cairns and in the Atherton Tablelands at Kingfisher Park).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.