Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Whistlers and Allies :: Rufous Shrike-Thrush
Rufous Shrike-Thrush Colluricincla megarhyncha
Described by: Quoy; Gaimard (1830)
Alternate common name(s): Little Shrikethrush, Little Shrike-Thrush, Red Shrike-Thrush, Brown Shrike-Thrush
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Waigeo Is.
(2) Batanta Is.
(3) Misool Is.
(4) W. New Guinea.
(5) Nw. New Guinea.
(6) Aru Is.
(7) S. New Guinea.
(8) S. New Guinea.
(9) S. New Guinea.
(10) Se. New Guinea.
(11) Se. New Guinea.
(12) E. New Guinea.
(13) E. New Guinea.
(14) Ne. New Guinea.
(15) Ne. New Guinea.
(16) N. New Guinea.
(17) N. New Guinea.
(18) Yapen Is.
(19) Biak Is.
(20) D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago.
(21) Trobriand Is.
(22) Tagula Is.
(23) Ne. Western Australia (Kimberleys), Northern Territory (Howard Springs near Darwin), Melville Is., and Groote Eylandt
(24) Coastal ne. Northern Territory.
(25) Ne. Queensland (se. Cape York Peninsula in the Atherton Tablelands).
(26) Ex. e. Northern Territory and ne. Queensland (Cape York Peninsula, Iron Range National Park).
(27) Ce. Queensland.
(28) Se. Queensland (Mount Glorius near Brisbane and Lamington National Park) and ne. New South Wales.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.