Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Babblers :: Gray-throated Babbler
Gray-throated Babbler Stachyris nigriceps
Described by: Blyth (1844)
Alternate common name(s): Grey-throated Babbler, Black-throated Babbler, Gray Babbler, Grey Babbler, Black-throated Tree-babbler
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) E. Himalayas (c. Nepal).
(2) Ne. India (Arunachal Pradesh, e. Assam, Mizoram, Mishmi Hills).
(3) Ne. India (e. Assam, Nagaland, Naga Hills) and n. Burma.
(4) Ne. India (s. Assam, Manipur), s. Burma and nw. Thailand.
(5) E. Burma, n. Thailand, n. Loas, n. and c. Vietnam (w. Tonkin and Annam) and s. China (sw. Yunnan and sw. Kwangsi).
(6) S. Vietnam.
(7) N. Malaya (nw. peninsular Thailand).
(8) C. Malaysia.
(9) Sumatra and the Lingga Archipelago.
(10) N. Natuna Is.
(11) Tioman Is.
(12) Borneo (w. Sarawak).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.