Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Babblers :: Chestnut-crowned Laughingthrush
Chestnut-crowned Laughingthrush Garrulax erythrocephalus
Described by: Vigors (1832)
Alternate common name(s): Red-headed Laughingthrush, Chesnut-capped Laughingthrush, Black-eared Laughingthrush, Gray-eared Laughingthrush, Grey-eared Laughingthrush
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) W. Himalayas in n. Pakistan and nw. India (Kashmir).
(2) W. and c. Nepal.
(3) Sikkim, Bhutan, and se. Tibet.
(4) Ne. India (s. Assam). Arunachal Pradesh, and e. India in the highlands s. of the Brahmaputra River s. to Khasi, Cachar Hills, Mizo Hills.
(5) Ne. India (s. Assam).
(6) Ne. India (se. Assam).
(7) Ne. India (e. Manipur, Nagaland) and sw. Burma.
(8) Ne. Burma and s. China (s. Szechwan and sw. Yunnan).
(9) N. Indochina in ne. Laos and n. Vietnam (nw. Tonkin).
(10) Nw. Thailand.
(11) E. Burma and nw. Thailand.
(12) Se. Burma and nw. peninsular Thailand.
(13) S. Burma.
(14) S. Thailand and n. Malaysia.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.