Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Babblers :: Puff-throated Babbler
Puff-throated Babbler Pellorneum ruficeps
Described by: Swainson (1832)
Alternate common name(s): Spotted Babbler, Striped Babbler
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Sw. India (Western Ghats and Eastern Ghats).
(2) W. and C. India (Bihar and Orissa).
(3) Se. India.
(4) W. Himalayas in nw. India (Garhwal).
(5) Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan and ne. India.
(6) Ne. India (s. Assam).
(7) Ne. India (ne. Assam, Mishmi Hills).
(8) Ne. India (ne. Assam, Lakhimpur).
(9) Ne. India (c. Manipur).
(10) Ne. Burma.
(11) S. China (sw. Yunnan) and c. Burma.
(12) C. Burma.
(13) N. Burma (Chin Hills).
(14) S. Burma.
(15) S. Burma and sw. Thailand.
(16) Mergui Archipelago.
(17) C. Thailand and n. Malaysia.
(18) N. Thailand.
(19) N. Thailand.
(20) Ec. Thailand (w. slope of Dong Phaya Fai Range).
(21) Se. China and n. Indochina.
(22) N. Vietnam.
(23) E. Thailand.
(24) E. Thailand and s. Laos.
(25) S. Vietnam.
(27) W. Cambodia, c. and se. Thailand.
(28) Coastal is. off se. Thailand and Cambodia.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.