Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Babblers :: African Hill Babbler
African Hill Babbler Illadopsis abyssinica
Described by: Rüppell (1840)
Alternate common name(s): African Hill-babbler, Abyssinian Hill-babbler, Hill Babbler, Ruwenzori Hill-babbler, Ruwenzori Fulvetta
Old scientific name(s): Pseudoalcippe abyssinica, Alcippe abyssinica, Illadopsis abyssinicus
No photographs are available for this species
Range(1) Sw. Cameroon (Mt. Cameroon).
(2) Two widely separated populations: mountains of Nigeria, sw. Cameroon (Banso highlands and Generu highlands). Highlands of ne. and ce. Zaire from the Lendu Plateau, Ruwenzori to Kivu, and Mt. Kabob, Ruanda, Burundi to w. Uganda.
(3) Fernando Po (Bioko) on Mt. Santa Isabel.
(4) Se. Sudan, w. and c. Ethiopia to Kenya, w. and ne. Tanzania, se. Zaire, c. and w. Angola (Bailundu highlands).
(5) Malawi and nw. Mozambique.
(6) S. and c. Tanzania (Uluguru Mountains) and n. Malawi.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.