Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Babblers :: White-browed Scimitar-Babbler
White-browed Scimitar-Babbler Pomatorhinus schisticeps
Described by: Hodgson (1836)
Alternate common name(s): White-browed Scimitar-babbler, Slaty-headed Scimitar-babbler
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
Range(1) Nw. Himalayas.
(2) E. Himalayas, Nepal, ne. India and nw. Burma.
(3) Ne. India (ne. Assam, Mishmi Hills).
(4) Ne. India (ne. Assam, Lakhimpur, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, and Nagaland). Bangladesh.
(5) W. Burma.
(6) E. Burma, n. Thailand and n. Laos.
(7) E. Burma.
(8) S. Burma and sw. Thailand.
(9) S. Burma and sw. Thailand.
(11) E. Thailand, s. Laos and c. Vietnam (c. Annam).
(12) S. Vietnam (s. Annam and Cochinchina).
(13) Se. Thailand and sw. Cambodia.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.