Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Whipbirds and Quail-thrushes :: Spotted Jewel-babbler
Spotted Jewel-babbler Ptilorrhoa leucosticta
Described by: Sclater, P. L. (1874)
Alternate common name(s): Mountain Jewel-babbler, High-mountain Eupetes, High-mountain Jewel-babbler, High-mountain Rail-babbler, High-mountain Scrub-robin, High-mountain Quail-thrush
Old scientific name(s): Eupetes leucostictus
No photographs are available for this species
Range(1) W. New Guinea (Tamrau Mountains).
(2) W. New Guinea (Arfak Mountains).
(3) W. New Guinea (Wandammen Mountains).
(4) N. New Guinea (Snow Mountains).
(5) E. New Guinea (Cyclops Mountains).
(6) Se. New Guinea (se. ranges).
(7) N. coast of New Guinea (Saruwaged Mountains).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.