Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Long-tailed Tits :: Bushtit
Bushtit Psaltriparus minimus
Described by: Townsend, J. K. (1837)
Alternate common name(s): American Bushtit, Common Bushtit, Plain Bushtit, Lead-colored Bushtit, Lead-coloured Bushtit, Black-eared Bushtit
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Sw. Canada (sw. British Columbia), and nw. United States (nw. Washington)
(2) Pacific coast w. of the Cascades (n. Oregon to s. California).
(3) Interior of s. Oregon and s. California (Kern County).
(4) Wc. and s. United States (se. Oregon, sw. Idaho, se. California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, sw. Wyoming, ne. Colorado and w. Oklahoma, c. Texas), and n. Mexico.
(5) S. California (Little San Burnardino and Eagle Mountains).
(6) Coastal s. California (n. San Diego County) to n. Baja.
(7) Mountains of s. Baja (Dierra de la Laguna).
(8) Mountains of nw. Mexico (Sonora to Sinaloa, and n. Coahuila).
(9) Mountains of w. and c. Mexico (Durango to s. Jalisco, and w. Tamaulipas).
(10) Mountains of s. Mexico (Guerrero, Oaxaca, and Chiapas), and c. Guatemala.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.