Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Fairywrens :: Variegated Fairywren
Variegated Fairywren Malurus lamberti
Described by: Vigors; Horsfield (1827)
Alternate common name(s): Variegated Wren, Rogers's Fairywren, Rogers' Fairywren, Lavender-flanked Fairywren, Purple-backed Fairywren
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
(1) N. Northern Territory (Kakadu National Park at Waterfall Creek) e. to Arnhem Land.
(2) Ne. Western Australia (Mitchell Falls in the Kimberleys).
(3) Interior Australia from Western Australia (Peron Peninsula), Northern Territory (Kunoth Well n. of Alice Springs), South Australia to nc. Queensland s. to c. New South Wales (Round Hill Nature Reserve) and nw. Victoria.
(4) Bernier Is. off Western Australia.
(5) Coastal e. Queensland s. from the Fitzroy River and e. New South Wales s. to the Narooma region.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.