Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Thornbills and Allies :: Large-billed Gerygone
Large-billed Gerygone Gerygone magnirostris
Described by: Gould (1843)
Alternate common name(s): Large-billed Flyeater, Swamp Gerygone, Dusky Gerygone
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Nw. New Guinea.
(2) Biak Is., Yapen Is., Dampier Is., Karkar Is., Manam Is., and n. New Guinea.
(3) Sw. and se. New Guinea and Aru Is.
(4) Waigeo Is., Batanta Is. and Salawati Is.
(5) Kofiau Is.
(6) D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago.
(7) Misima Is.
(8) Tagula Is.
(9) Sudest Is.
(10) Coastal n. Australia (ne. Western Australia (Kimberleys) and n. Northern Territory (Middle Arm near Darwin) and possibly nw. Queensland).
(11) Coastal n. Queensland s. to Mackay (mangroves around Cairns, Daintree River, Thomsons Road and Cape York Peninsula).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.