Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Chickadees and Tits :: Coal Tit
Coal Tit Periparus ater
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): Parus ater
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 2 more images.
(1) Europe from Scandinavia across nw. and c. Russia to c. and s. Siberia to Sea of Okhotsk, c. and s. Kamchatka.
(2) Great Britain.
(4) Spain and Portugal.
(5) Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily.
(6) N. Morocco.
(7) N. Africa (Algerian and Tunisia).
(9) S. Russia (Crimea).
(11) Turkey, Lebanon, and n. Armenia.
(13) Ne. Iran.
(14) Sw. Iran.
(15) Turkestan, s. and e. Kazakhstan.
(16) Nepal (Kali Gandaki area).
(17) E. Himalayas of ne. India, wc. Nepal e. to w. Bhutan, se. Tibet, w. China (e. Sinkiang) and n. Burma.
(18) N. China (e. Heilungkiang) and Korea.
(19) Japan. Kuril Is.
(20) Se. China (nw. Yunnan to Fukien).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Pintails Home (Kim Hyun-Tae)
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Biological Research Information Center, BRIC of Korea
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Jeff Blincows Sound Gallery
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.