Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Chickadees and Tits :: Marsh Tit
Marsh Tit Poecile palustris
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): Eruasian Marsh-tit, Asian Marsh-tit
Old scientific name(s): Parus palustris
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
(1) C. and s. England, Wales, and w. France.
(2) Nw. Europe (Spain and s. France to s. Scandinavia e. to c. Poland, the w. Balkans, and Greece.
(3) Alps of s. France, Italy, and Sicily.
(4) E. Europe in the Balkans, nw. Turkey, w. and sc. Russia e. to c. Ural Mountains.
(5) N. Caucasus (ne. Turkey?).
(6) Sc. and e. Siberia from the Altai Mountains and Lake Baikal to n. Mongolia, Transbaikalia, ne. China (w. and n. Manchuria) to ex. North Korea.
(7) Sakhalin Is.
(8) S. Kuril Is. and n. Japan (Hokkaido).
(9) Ne. China (n. Hebei, Liaoning) and North Korea.
(10) Ne. China to s. Korea.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Pintails Home (Kim Hyun-Tae)
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Biological Research Information Center, BRIC of Korea
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.