Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Chickadees and Tits :: Eurasian Blue Tit
Eurasian Blue Tit Cyanistes caeruleus
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): Eurasian Blue-tit, Blue Tit
Old scientific name(s): Parus caeruleus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 2 more images.
Range(1) British Isles.
(2) N. and e. Europe from s. Scandinavia, and w. Russia s. to n. Spain, Italy, n. Greece, w. and n. Asia Minor (Turkey). Cyprus?
(3) S. Spain, Corsica and Sardinia.
(5) S. Greece, Cyclades, Crete, and Rhodes.
(6) E. and c. Russia e. to the Ural Mountains and Transcaspia.
(7) Crimea, Caucasus, e. Turkey, and nw. Iran.
(8) N. Iran.
(9) Sw. Iran.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Avisoft
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.