Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Chickadees and Tits :: Willow Tit
Willow Tit Poecile montana
Described by: Conrad von Baldenstein (1827)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): Parus montanus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Rangen. Scandinavia across nw. and c. Russia.
(2) W. Europe s. to France and n. Switzerland.
(3) Se. Europe in the Alps of Austria and the Carpathian Alps (Balkans) to Greece.
(4) C. Europe (c. and se. France, Italy, Germany).
(5) Ne. and ec. Europe, and Siberia.
(6) Se. European Russia, w. Siberia, and n. Kazakhstan.
(7) Yenisey River Valley, Altai Mountains, n. Mongolia, w., c., and ne. China (Kolyma basin), se. Tibet?, Russian Far East, and North Korea.
(8) Ne. Siberia (Koryakland and Anadyrland).
(9) N. Kuril Is. and Kamchatka.
(10) S. Kuril Is. and Sakhalin Is.
(11) N. Japan.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.