Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Sunbirds and Spiderhunters :: Collared Sunbird
Collared Sunbird Hedydipna collaris
Described by: Vieillot (1819)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): Anthreptes collaris
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 2 more images.
RangeAfrica s. of the Sahara;
(1) Senegambia, s. Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, se. Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, and sw. Nigeria.
(2) Fernando Po (Bioko).
(3) Se. Nigeria, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Congo, Central African Republic, n. and w. Zaire to ex. sw. Sudan and n. Angola.
(4) Sw. Ethiopia.
(5) N. Zambia, C. and e. Zaire, se. Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi to w. Kenya, and w. Tanzania.
(6) S. Ethiopia, s. Somalia, e. Kenya, ne. Tanzania and Zanzibar Is.
(7) Se. Angola, n. Botswan, ne. Namibia, se. Zambia, Malawi and se. Tanzania.
(8) Zimbabwe and w. Mozambique.
(9) E. South Africa (s. Natal, Swaziland and e. Cape Province).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.