Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Sunbirds and Spiderhunters :: Scarlet-chested Sunbird
Scarlet-chested Sunbird Chalcomitra senegalensis
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): Scarlet-breasted Sunbird
Old scientific name(s): Nectarinia senegalensis
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Senegambia, s. Mauritania, s. Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, s. Niger, and n. Nigeria.
(2) Cameroon, Central African Republic, s. Chad, s. Sudan, and Uganda.
(3) Se. Sudan, w. and c. Ethiopia, and Eritrea.
(4) Ne. Zaire, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya and Tanzania including Zanzibar Is. and Pemba Is.
(5) Angola, w. Zambia, c. Namibia, and n. Botswana.
(6) S. Somalia, e. Kenya, e. Tanzania, e. Zambia, Malawi, e. Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and ne. South Africa (Natal).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.