Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: White-eyes :: Oriental White-eye
Oriental White-eye Zosterops palpebrosus
Described by: Temminck (1824)
Alternate common name(s): Yellow-bellied White-eye, Indian White-eye, Small White-eye
Old scientific name(s): Zosterops palpebrosa
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) E. Afghanistan, n. and e. Pakistan, and nw. India.
(2) Nepal, c. to ne. India (w. Assam), Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
(3) Sw. Sri Lanka. Laccadive Is.
(4) Se. India.
(5) Se. Tibet, sw. China, Burma, n. Thailand and Indochina.
(6) Andaman Is. and Nicobar Is.
(7) S. Thailand and Malaysia.
(8) W. China.
(9) S. Burma, Malaysia, w. Borneo (sw. Sarawak), s. Natuna Is. and Bangka Is.
(10) W. Sumatra. Riau Archipelago.
(11) E. Sumatra and w. Java.
(12) C. and e. Java and Bali.
(13) W. Lesser Sundas (Sumbawa and Flores Is.).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.