Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: White-eyes :: Broad-ringed White-eye
Broad-ringed White-eye Zosterops poliogastrus
Described by: Heuglin (1861)
Alternate common name(s): Heuglin's White-eye, Kikuyo White-eye, Teita White-eye, Taita White-eye, Mountain White-eye, Highland White-eye, African Mountain White-eye, Jackson's White-eye, South Pare White-eye
Old scientific name(s): Zosterops poliogastra, Zosterops poliogaster
No photographs are available for this species
Range(1) Highlands of w. and s. Ethiopia (s. of Lake Tana and w. of the Omo River).
(2) Mountains of Sudan, Ethiopia and Eritrea.
(3) N. Kenya (Mt. Kulal).
(4) C. Kenya (Aberdare Mountains and Mt. Kenya).
(5) Se. Kenya (Chyulu Mountains) and n. Tanzania (North Pare Mountains).
(6) N. Tanzania (Mt. Kilimanjaro, Mt. Meru and Arusha regions).
(7) Ne. Tanzania (South Pare Mountains).
(8) Se. Kenya (Taita Hills).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.