Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Old World Orioles :: Green Oriole
Green Oriole Oriolus flavocinctus
Described by: Vigors (1826)
Alternate common name(s): Yellow Oriole, Yellow-bellied Oriole, Australian Yellow Oriole
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeS. New Guinea, the Aru Is. and n. Australia. Lesser Sundas;
Two populations in n. Australia;
(1) E. Lesser Sundas on Leti, Moa, and Roma, and Aru Is.
(2) Sc. New Guinea in the Trans-fly region from Wassi Kussa River to Princess Marianne Strait.
(3) Ne. Western Australia w. to Derby (Mitchell Falls, Kimberley) and n. Northern Territory (Top End, Howard Springs near Darwin and Katherine Gorge).
(4) Melville Is.
(5) Ne. Queensland (Cape York Peninsula in the Iron Range National Park).
(6) Ne. Queensland (Staaten River and Ingham (Mount Whitfield Environmental Park, Cairns Botanical Gardens).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.