Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Shrikes :: Long-tailed Shrike
Long-tailed Shrike Lanius schach
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): Black-headed Shrike, Rufous-backed Shrike, Philippine Shrike, Schach Shrike, Black-capped Shrike, Red-backed Shrike
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
Range(1) Mid-mountain grasslands of e. and c. New Guinea w. to the Victor Emanuel Mountains and Huon Peninsula.
(2) Malaysia, Greater Sundas (Sumatra, n. Borneo, Java) and Lesser Sundas e. to Wetar, Kisar, and Timor.
(3) Sulu Archipelago.
(5) E. and c. China, Taiwan, Hainan and n. Vietnam.
(6) C. Thailand.
(7) Himalayas of se. Tibet, e. India, Burma, Laos, and c. Vietnam.
(8) S. and w. India and Sri Lanka.
(9) S. Russian in Transcaspia, ne. Iran through s. Turkestan Tadzhikistan, Pakistan, and w. India.
Winters to New Guinea.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Hong Kong Birdwatching Society
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.