Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Bushshrikes and Allies :: Black-crowned Tchagra
Black-crowned Tchagra Tchagra senegala
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): Black-headed Bushshrike, Black-headed Tchagra, Hooded Tchagra, Moroccan Tchagra
Old scientific name(s): Tchagra senegalus, Tchagra senegalus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) N. Africa in Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia.
(2) S. Arabia.
(4) Mali to Chad.
(5) Senegal to Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso to s. Chad, and n. Central African Republic.
(6) Se. Sudan to Ethiopia, Eritrea, and n. Somalia.
(7) Ne. Somalia.
(8) S. Cameroon to sw. Sudan and s. Uganda to se. Zaire, c. Angola, Zambia, w. Mozambique (Tete).
(9) S. Somalia to e. Tanzania, Mozambique, and e. South Africa (e. Transvaal, Natal , Orange Free State, and e. Cape Province).
(10) S. Angola, n. Namibia, n. and e. Botswana, sw. Zambia, Zimbabwe, and n. South Africa (w. Transvaal).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.