Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Bellmagpies and Allies :: Gray Currawong
Gray Currawong Strepera versicolor
Described by: Latham (1801)
Alternate common name(s): Grey Currawong, Common Currawong, Brown Currawong, Black-winged Currawong, Clinking Currawong
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Se. Australia (New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory (Mount Majura) and Victoria).
(2) New South Wales.
(3) Sw. Western Australia n. to Shark Bay (Dryandra State Forest) to w. South Australia and sw. Northern Territory.
(4) E. South Australia including Kangaroo Is. and nw. Victoria.
(5) Se. South Australia (Lincoln National Park), ex. w. Victoria (Big Desert Wilderness Park, Wyperfield National Park and Hattah-Kulkyne National Park) and sw. New South Wales.
(6) Cs. South Australia (Eyre Peninsula and Yorke Peninsula).
(7) Tasmania (Maria Island) and islands in the Bass Strait.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.