Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Crows, Jays and Magpies :: Mexican Jay
Mexican Jay Aphelocoma ultramarina
Described by: Bonaparte (1825)
Alternate common name(s): Gray-breasted Jay, Grey-breasted Jay, Ultramarine Jay
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
Range(1) Sw. United States in the mountains of Arizona and New Mexico and nw. Mexico (n. Sonora and nw. Chihuahua).
(2) Mountains of w. Mexico (se. Sonora to Durango, Zacatecas and n. Jalisco).
(3) Mountains of wc. Mexico (e. Nayarit and n. Jalisco).
(4) Mountains of ex. sw. Texas and ne. Mexico (s. Nuevo Leon and c. Tamaulipas).
(5) Mountains of ec. Mexico (San Luis Potosi to Queretaro and c. Hidalgo).
(6) Sc. Mexico (Jalisco to Michoacan, Puebla and w. Veracruz).
(7) Mountains of w. Mexico (nw. Jalisco to ne. Colima).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.