Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Crows, Jays and Magpies :: Gray Jay
Gray Jay Perisoreus canadensis
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): Grey Jay, Canada Jay
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 3 more images.
Range(1) Nc. Alaska and nw. Canada (n. Yukon and nw. Mackenzie).
(2) C. Canada (c. Yukon) and n. United States.
(3) Ne. Canada (n. Quebec to Newfoundland and Nova Scotia).
(4) Sw. Canada (coastal mountains of British Columbia).
(5) W. Canada (ne. British Columbia) to nc. United States (w. South Dakota and nw. Nebraska).
(6) Sw. Canada (se. British Columbia) to nw. United States (e. Washington, ne. Oregon and w. Montana).
(7) Wc. and sc. United States (Rocky Mountains of Idaho and Montana to New Mexico).
(8) Sw. Canada (sw. British Columbia and Vancouver Is.) to nw. United States (ne. California).
(9) Nw. United States (coastal Washington s. to nw. California).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.