Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Crows, Jays and Magpies :: Red-billed Chough
Red-billed Chough Pyrrhocorax pyrrhocorax
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): Common Chough, Chough
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) England, Wales, Isle of Man, Inner Hebrides, and Ireland.
(2) W. Europe (Iberian Peninsula, Pyrenees, Alps and Mediterranean islands).
(3) Nw. Africa (Morocco to Algeria) and the Canary Is. (La Plama)
(4) Highlands of n. Ethiopia.
(5) Se. Europe, Crete to n. Arabia, n. Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan.
(6) Pakistan, nw. India and c. Asia (Tien Shan, Pamir Mountains and Altai Mountains).
(7) Himalayas of n. India and w. China.
(8) Ne. Asia in c. and n. China to Mongolia and Manchuria.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.