Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Weavers and Allies :: Grosbeak Weaver
Grosbeak Weaver Amblyospiza albifrons
Described by: Vigors (1831)
Alternate common name(s): Thick-billed Weaver, White-fronted Grosbeak
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, and Nigeria.
(2) Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Congo, Central African Republic, and n. Zaire.
(3) Ne. Zaire, s. Sudan, s. Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and nw. Kenya.
(4) S. Kenya, Tanzania including Zanzibar Is., Mafia Is., and Pemba Is., Zambia, Malawi, and e. Zimbabwe.
(5) E. Kenya and e. Tanzania.
(6) Nw. Angola.
(7) S. Zaire.
(8) Ex. ne. Namibia, and ne. Botswana.
(9) S. Mozambique.
(10) Se. South Africa.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.