Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Waxbills and Allies :: Streak-headed Munia
Streak-headed Munia Lonchura tristissima
Described by: Wallace (1865)
Alternate common name(s): Streaked Munia, Streak-headed Mannikin, White-spotted Munia, White-spotted Mannikin
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
(1) Nw. New Guinea (Vogelkop Mountains).
(2) W. New Guinea (Weyland Mountains).
(3) C. New Guinea from the Jayawijaya Mountains and Nassau Mountains to Lorentz River and Karkar Is.
(4) Se. Papua, New Guinea.
(5) Lowlands of s. New Guinea from the Lorentz River to the Turama River.
(6) Se. Papua, New Guinea (Port Moresby).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.