Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Siskins, Crossbills and Allies :: Streaky-headed Seedeater
Streaky-headed Seedeater Serinus gularis
Described by: Smith (1836)
Alternate common name(s): Streak-headed Seedeater, West African Seedeater
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Guinea, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone, sw. Mali, n. Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, s. Niger, Nigeria and n. Cameroon.
(2) Highlands of e. Nigeria and n. Cameroon.
(3) W. Central African Republic.
(4) S. Sudan, n. Uganda, ne. Zaire, and nw. Kenya.
(5) Highlands of c. Angola to w. Zambia.
(6) Ne. Botswana to w. Zimbabwe to South Africa (nw. Transvaal).
(7) E. Zimbabwe to South Africa (Transvaal and n. Cape Province).
(8) Se. Mozambique to South Africa (se. Transvaal, Natal and e. Cape Province).
(9) South Africa (sw. Cape Province e. to Great Fish River).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.