Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Siskins, Crossbills and Allies :: Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch
Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch Leucosticte tephrocotis
Described by: Swainson (1832)
Alternate common name(s): Gray-crowned Rosy-finch, Grey-crowned Rosy-finch
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 4 more images.
Range(1) Commander Is., Aleutians, Kodiak Is. and Alaska.
(2) St. Matthew, Nunivak Is., and Pribilof Is.
(3) N. Alaska (Brooks Range).
(4) C. Alaska and w. Canada (sw. Yukon) s. to nw. United States.
Winters to sw. United States.
(5) Mountains of wc. Canada from Yukon and w. Alberta to se. British Columbia (Cascades), c. Idaho, and nw. Montana.
Winters to wc. United States.
(6) Ne. Oregon (Wallowa Mountains).
Winters in wc. Nevada.
(7) E. California (Sierra Nevada, White Mountains, and Inyo Mountains).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.