Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tanagers and Allies :: Red-legged Honeycreeper
Red-legged Honeycreeper Cyanerpes cyaneus
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): Blue Honeycreeper
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 2 more images.
Range(1) Gulf lowlands of e. and s. Mexico (e. San Luis Potosi, Veracruz, Yucatan Peninsula, and Oaxaca) and Belize (Blue Hole National Park) s. to Panama including Coiba Is. and Pearl Is.
(2) N. Colombia.
(3) N. Colombia and n. Venezuela including Margarita Is.
(5) Se. Venezuela, Trinidad, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
(6) C. Brazil.
(7) S. Venezuela, s. Colombia, w. Amazonian Brazil, e. Ecuador, and ne. Peru.
(8) E. Brazil (c. and e. Bahia (Encruzilhada)).
(9) W. Amazonian Brazil, n. and e. Bolivia.
(10) W. Colombia and w. Ecuador.
(11) W. Colombia (Gorgona Is.).
Probably introduced to the West Indies (Cuba).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.