Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tanagers and Allies :: Hepatic Tanager
Hepatic Tanager Piranga flava
Described by: Vieillot (1822)
Alternate common name(s): Northern Hepatic-tanager, Tooth-billed Tanager, Highland Hepatic-tanager, Red Tanager, Lowland Hepatic-tanager
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Sw. United States (se. California, nw. and c. Arizona, w. Colorado, and n. New Mexico) and w. Mexico.
(2) Se. United States (w. Texas), e. Mexico (Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas).
Winters s. to w. Guatemala.
(3) Belize and e. Guatemala.
(4) Honduras and ne. Nicaragua.
(5) W. Guatemala and n. Nicaragua.
(6) C. and e. Costa Rica and Panama.
(7) Sw. Colombia.
(8) W. Ecuador, w. Peru and nw. Bolivia.
(9) S. Venezuela, w. Guyana, Surinam, and n. Brazil.
(10) N. Colombia, n. Venezuela and Trinidad.
(11) Colombia (Magdelena Valley).
(12) S. Guyana and ex. n. Brazil.
(13) E. Brazil (c. Bahia (Chapada Diamantina and Raso da Catarina)).
(14) E. Bolivia. E. Ecuador and e. Peru to c. Bolivia.
(15) S. Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay and n. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.