Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Buntings, Sparrows, Seedeaters and Allies :: Grassland Yellow-Finch
Grassland Yellow-Finch Sicalis luteola
Described by: Sparrman (1789)
Alternate common name(s): Grassland Yellow-finch, Northern Yellow-finch, Montane Yellow-finch, Striped Yellow-finch, Yellow-breasted Yellow-finch, Yellow Grass-finch, Misto Yellow-finch
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) S. Mexico (Veracruz, Chiapas, and w. Campeche), Belize, c. Guatemala, ne. Honduras, and ne. Nicaragua.
(2) Pacific slope of s. Mexico (sw. Puebla and Morelos).
(3) Pacific slope of nw. Costa Rica (Guanacaste) and Panama (Cocle).
(4) E. Andes of Colombia, Venezuela?, and Ecuador to s. Peru (Ica).
(5) E. of the w. Andes of Colombia, w., s., and e. Venezuela, Trinidad, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil (Bahia (Chapada Diamantina) s. to Amazonia and w. to Roraima and Rio Tapajos) to the lowlands of s. South America in Chile and s. Argentina.
Introduced to the Lesser Antilles on Barbados, Grenadines. St. Vincent, St. Lucia, Martinique, Guadeloupe, and Antigua);
(6) Islands in the Amazon delta and adjacent Brazil (Para).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Aves de Chile
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Birds of Suriname
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.