Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Buntings, Sparrows, Seedeaters and Allies :: Stripe-headed Brush-Finch
Stripe-headed Brush-Finch Buarremon torquatus
Described by: Lafresnaye; d'Orbigny (1837)
Alternate common name(s): Stripe-headed Brush-finch, Striped Brush-finch, Green-striped Brush-finch, Gray-striped Brush-finch, Grey-striped Brush-finch, Black-headed Brush-finch
Old scientific name(s): Atlapetes torquatus
No photographs are available for this species
Range(1) Highlands of sw. Costa Rica and w. Panama (Chiriqui).
(2) Mountains of e. Panama.
(3) C. and e. Andes of n. Colombia.
(4) N. Colombia (Santa Marta Mountains).
(5) E. slope of the Andes in e. Colombia and w. Venezuela (Zulia). Sierra de Perija.
(6) Andes of w. Venezuela (w. Lara and w. Tachira).
(7) Coastal mountains of n. Venezuela (Aragua, Miranda, Distrito Federal).
(8) Mountains of ne. Venezuela (Anzoategui, Monagas and Sucre).
(9) Andes of Colombia and w. Venezuela, Ecuador and nw. Peru (sw. Cajamarca).
(10) Andes of sw. Ecuador (El Oro, Loja) and nw. Peru.
(11) Andes of c. and se. Peru (Huanuco, Junin and Cuzco).
(12) Andes of nw. Bolivia (La Paz, w. Cochabamba).
(13) Andes of Bolivia (e. Cochabamba, w. Santa Cruz and Chuquisaca).
(14) S. Bolivia (Tarija) and nw. Argentina (Jujuy and Salta).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.