Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Saltators, Cardinals and Allies :: Grayish Saltator
Grayish Saltator Saltator coerulescens
Described by: Vieillot (1817)
Alternate common name(s): Greyish Saltator, Gray Saltator, Grey Saltator, Middle American Saltator
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Nw. Mexico (Sinaloa and w. Durango).
(2) Wc. Mexico.
(3) E. Mexico (e. San Luis Potosi, and s. Tamaulipas), Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and c. Costa Rica.
(4) Se. Mexico.
(5) Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua.
(6) W. Costa Rica.
(7) N. Colombia.
(8) Ne. Colombia, Venezuela including Monos Is., Chacachacare Is., and Trinidad.
(9) Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
(10) E. Colombia, e. Ecuador, e. Peru, Brazil (w. Bahia), and Bolivia.
(11) N. Brazil.
(12) Ne. Brazil.
(13) E. Bolivia, sw. Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, and n. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Birds of Suriname
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.