Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Hawks, Eagles and Kites :: Pacific Baza
Pacific Baza Aviceda subcristata
Described by: Gould (1838)
Alternate common name(s): Crested Baza
Old scientific name(s): Aviceda subscristata, Aviceda subscristata, Lepidogenys subcristatus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeLesser Sundas s. to the Bismarck Archipelago and n. Australia;
(1) Lesser Sundas (Lombok Is. to Damar, Babar, Tanahjampea, Tukangbesi and Timor.
(2) N. Moluccas including Obi Is.
(3) Sw. Moluccas (Buru Is.).
(4) Se. Moluccas (Seram and Ambon Is.). Tanimbar.
(5) Kai Is.
(6) Biak Is.
(7) Waigeo Is. Salawati.
(8) W. New Guinea, the Aru and Misool Is.
(9) E. New Guinea and D'Entrecateaux Archipelago (Fergusson and Goodenough Is.).
(10) Bismarck Archipelago (New Britain, New Ireland, New Hanover).
(11) Admiralty and Manus Is.
(12) Solomon Is. (Bougainville and Shortland Is.).
(13) Solomon Is. (Choiseul and Ysabel Is.).
(14) Solomon Is. (San Cristobal, Ugi, Santa Anna, Malaita, Guadalcanal Is.).
(15) Nw. Australia (Kimberleys).
(16) Ne. and e. Australia from n. Northern Territory (Kakadu National Park at Waterfall Creek), n. Queensland (Cairns at Julatten and Lake Barrine) s. to New Castle and Brisbane (Mount Glorious), New South Wales (Coff's Harbour botanical gardens) s. to Sidney.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.