Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Megapodes :: Orange-footed Scrubfowl
Orange-footed Scrubfowl Megapodius reinwardt
Described by: Dumont (1823)
Alternate common name(s): Scrubfowl, Orange-footed Megapode
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 3 more images.
RangeLesser Sundas to s. New Guinea and n. Australia;
Fragmented island populations;
(1) The Lesser Sundas and is. in the Flores Sea w. to Salayar, Kalao and Tanahjampea Is. Aru Is. S. and w. New Guinea and Kai Is.
(2) d'Entrecasteaux Archipelago and Louisiade Archipelago.
(3) N. Australia (ne. Western Australia (Kimberleys) and n. Northern Territory at Howard Springs, and Darwin).
(4) Ne. Australia (n. Queensland on the Cape York Peninsula in the Iron Range National Park).
(5) Ne. Australia (n. and c. Queensland at Cooktown, Port Douglas, Kingfisher Park, Mount Whitfield Environmental Park, Cairns Botanic Gardens) s. to the Rockhampton area).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.