Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Grouse :: Hazel Grouse
Hazel Grouse Bonasa bonasia
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): Hazelhen, Hazel Hen
Old scientific name(s): Tetrastes bonasia
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
(1) Alps (Giron, Ain, Rhone-Alpes, France), Jura Mountains, s. Poland, Slovika and Hungary.
(2) Ne. France, Belgium, Luxembourg and w. Germany.
(3) S. Germany to Bohemia and the Sudety Mountains.
(4) Balkan Peninsula (Bulgaria, Romania, e. Carpathian Mountains).
(5) C. Poland and the Ukraine to c. European Russia.
(6) S. Scandinavia, Finland and n. European Russia to the Ural Mountains.
(7) N. Sweden.
(8) C. Siberia to n. Mongolia (Altai Mountains, Sajan Mountains) and n. Amurland.
(9) Ex. e. Siberia from n. Yakutis Mountains and Verkhoyansk Mountains to the Sea of Okhotsk.
(10) E. Siberia (s. Amurland), ne. China (n. Manchuria in the Little Khingan Mountains) and North Korea.
(11) Sakhalin Is.
(12) N. Japan (Hokkaido).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Pintails Home (Kim Hyun-Tae)
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Jeff Blincows Sound Gallery
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.