Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Grouse :: Black Grouse
Black Grouse Tetrao tetrix
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): Blackcock, Eurasian Black Grouse
Old scientific name(s): Lyrurus tetrix
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
(1) Scotland and n. England.
(2) France to Scandinavia (Sweden) and n. Siberia in the Ardennes, Alps and Balkans.
(3) Se. Russia and sw. Siberia.
(4) S. Siberia to at least the Kolyma River, Lena River and Ussuriland.
(5) Turkestan, nw. China (Kirghiz steppes, c. Tien Shan and w. Altai Mountains).
(6) N. Mongolia and ne. China (w. Manchuria).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.