Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pheasants and Partridges :: Tibetan Snowcock
Tibetan Snowcock Tetraogallus tibetanus
Described by: Gould (1854)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. Asia s. to the Himalayan Shield;
(1) N. Tibet (Kun Lun Mountains and Altun Shan).
(2) E. Tadzikistan and w. China (e. Pamir Mountains) to w. Tibet and nw. India (Ladakh).
(3) C. and e. Tibet to wc. China (Qinghai, sw. Gansu (Kansu) and nw. Sichuan) and ne. India.
(4) Nw. India (Kashmir), s. Tibet, n. Nepal (Pumori Base Camp, Kala Pattar) e. to Sikkim, ne. India (Darjiling) and Bhutan.
(5) S. China (n. Yunnan).
(6) E. Tibet to c. China (nw. Sichuan).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.