Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Rails, Gallinules and Coots :: Gray-necked Wood-Rail
Gray-necked Wood-Rail Aramides cajanea
Described by: Müller, Statius (1776)
Alternate common name(s): Grey-necked Wood Rail, Gray-necked Wood Rail, Gray-necked Wood-rail, Grey-necked Wood-rail, Cayenne Wood-rail
Old scientific name(s): Eulabeornis cajaneus, Aramides cajaneus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeCentral America, c. and e. South America;
(1) S. Mexico (Veracruz and Guerrero).
(2) Se. Mexico (Yucatan and Cozumel Is.) to Belize.
(3) Guatemala and El Salvador.
(4) Honduras and Nicaragua.
(5) Ne. Costa Rica.
(6) Panama (San Miguel, Pearl Is.).
(7) Panama (Pearl Is.).
(8) Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia s. only to Choco on the w. slope, Venezuela, Trinidad, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana, e. Ecuador, e. Peru, Bolivia and Brazil (Bahia, Chapada Diamantina) to Paraguay, Uruguay and n. Argentina (mainly e. of the Andes s. to Santa Fe and Buenos Aires).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Ministerio do Meio Ambiente
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.